Monitoring Setup Process
Monitoring is a product that enables customers to upload a set of records to W2 which are then screened on a regular period.
These records are provided to W2 by uploading a file to an SFTP server. W2 takes files uploaded and imports them into our databases for screening.
To enable access for file uploading, W2 requires several details which are to be provided on the accompanying form “W2 SFTP Access Form”.
Section A: Data ownership and user Access
This section is to be completed by the owner of the data records to be screened.
As part of the Monitoring system W2 offers access to our customer portal to view screening results and to action any alerts raised during the screen. The system will also send emails to registered users to provide status information when screenings occur and the summary results.
Please provide in this section all of the users who will require access to the portal and receive email notifications.
Section B: Technical integration
We will require the externally facing IP addresses that will be used to access our SFTP server so that they can be whitelisted on our system.
Once we have this information we create an SFTP account and provide the technical contact stated in the form with SFTP account credentials.
You will then be able to upload your data files to our SFTP server at the following URI: sftp://monitoring.sftp.w2globaldata.com
To upload records to be screen a file needs to be uploaded to W2’s SFTP server.
The uploaded file should contain the data on all records to be included in your first Monitoring screening.
To be successful, the uploaded file must be in comma separated variable (csv) format:
- The file must be in plain text
- The file must be in UTF-8 format
- The first row must be a header row. This row defines which fields are present.
- There must be one record per line
- Each field must be separated by a comma
- Each record must have the same fields in the same order (even if some fields are blank)
- The file name must end with '.csv'
The following fields are mandatory:
- 'Account' (Which of your Monitoring accounts the record will be put into. Entering a new name here will create a new account, so it is important to avoid spelling errors in this field.)
- 'URN' (This is the unique reference number to identify the record, and must be unique across all accounts. Using the same URN in a subsequent upload will update the record.)
- 'Last Name/Entity Name' (The person's last name or name of the entity.)
The following fields are strongly recommended in order to get the best results from your screenings:
- 'IsEntity' (default is false.)
- 'Day of Birth'
- 'Month of Birth'
- 'Year of Birth'
- 'Middle name/initial'
- 'Address Line 1'
- 'Address Line 2'
- 'Address Line 3'
- 'Address Line 4'
- Inactive – if set to “true” or “1” this record will be set to inactive in the W2 database. If the field does not exist in the file the record is assumed to be active by default.
You may add other fields to your file. These will be added to the record and can be used as a reference, however they will not alter the results of the screening in any way.
Account, URN, Forename, Middle Name/Initial, Last Name/Entity Name, IsEntity, Day of Birth, Month of Birth, Year of Birth, Address Line 1, Address Line 2 ,Address Line 3, Address Line 4, Postcode, Country, Custom 1, Inactive
Note: the last record will be set to Inactive and not be screened.